The humble beginnings of our congregration may have officially been May 23, 1937 when a pastor and 12 members first met together, but as with all great endeavors, the seeds were planted and the Spirit was stirring for years – even decades – before.
In 1943 the church purchased and moved to it's first permanent location at the corner of Carson Street and Denker Avenue. In 1962 the church moved from Carson Street to our current location at the corner of Maple and Maricopa.
In eight decades of ministry we have seen days of plenty and days of need. There have been times of growth and times of regrouping. We have had times of blessing and times of difficulty… and sometimes those times were the same times. We have individually and collectively celebrated marriages, births, baptisms, and spiritual growth. We have also mourned job losses, deaths, and prodigal children. Through it all God has been with us. He has carefully brought us together, from those first twelve in 1937 to those sitting next to you today, and He will continue to show His faithfulness to us as we serve Him in Torrance, the South Bay, and beyond.